Sunday, January 15, 2012

"JMU Cheese Tray" Mac

Original Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/229894755948132712/


So I went to an event recently at JMU where they had ARAMARK's famous cheese and veggies trays. Unfortunately too much food was ordered and since we didn't want it all to go to waste, we took it home. This is the story of how I ended up with TWO GIANT BOWLS OF CHEESE CUBES. So what do I do?


Make "JMU Cheese Tray" Mac! 
I needed some inspiration from Pinterest for how to make homemade Mac because the last time I tried I did it wrong and failed miserably. The missing ingredient was FLOUR. I have posted the original pin at the top but honestly this is a very special rendition of mac and cheese because it's based on items I had laying around the house instead of what the recipe says. Plus, you'll see it has a Latina taste based on the crazy ingredients I used hahaha!


Ingredients:


Milk

Recipe calls for flour but I used MASA instead which is what I use to make tortillas!

You need salt, but I added Adobo and some Sazon Goya for the heck of it! 

Elbow macaroni makes most sense but I used penne for now! 

Buttah! Whatever ya want.
OH, and cheese. LOL I forgot to take a picture! I had an assortment of pepper jack, cheddar, & jalapeno cheese cubes! Thanks JMU ARAMARK!

Directions:

1. Boil pasta (Duh). I have a PASTA BOAT so I use that in the microwave, but boil it however you choose. Just boil it while you're doing the rest of the directions.

2. In a hot pan/pot add butter and MASA (or flour). How much you ask? I don't measure things! I just put whatever made sense. Like let's say 2 tbsp of MASA and like 4 tbsp of butter #PaulaDean style. WISK these together.

3. Slowly add in about uhh 2 cups of milk (?). Continue wisking until it gets thick.

4. Remove from heat and ADD CHEESE. Normally you'll use shredded cheese but since mine were cubes it was taking forever to melt so I had to get a masher. 

5. Once the cheese sauce is melted and the pasta is boiled, mix that ish together until it tastes good. (Obvs)

ENJOY! Here's my creamy, cheesy concoction below:

mmmmm cheesy and practically FREE. Best combination known to man.

No comments:

Post a Comment